This listener is used to display the assertion result. It shows a summary of passed and failed samplers due to not meeting the assertion condition. JMeter Assertion Results listener throws a message in case of failure as given in the below figure:
How to add ‘Assertion Results’?
Follow the below steps:
- Select the appropriate element where you want to add the listener
- Right-click on the element
- Hover the cursor on ‘Add’
- Hover the cursor on ‘Listener’
- Click ‘Assertion Results’
Scope: Assertion Results Listener can be added at any level is sampler level, transaction level, thread level or test plan level. The assertion result will be displayed as per the scope only. If the assertion result listener is added under a sampler then it will show the pass or fail status of that particular sampler only. If it is added under a transaction level then it will show the assertion status of all the samplers under that particular transaction controller.
Use: It is basically used for debugging purposes during script creation.
Recommendation: Disable Assertion Results Listener during test execution as it consumes memory to write a log into a file.
You may be interested:
- Performance Testing Tutorial
- Performance Engineering Tutorial
- Micro Focus LoadRunner Tutorial
- NeoLoad Tutorial