The simple definition of ‘Login Config Element’ component in JMeter is the element which is used as a global component to add or override the credential in the following Samplers added to the test plan. This element is specially used for authentication. You can mention username and password in the login-config element and that can be replaced in the sampler.
How to add ‘Login Config Element’?
You can follow steps to add Login Config element:
- Select ‘Test Plan’ node
- Right-click on the ‘Test Plan’ node
- Hover the mouse on ‘Add’
- Hover the mouse on ‘Config Element‘
- Click ‘Login Config’
Input fields of ‘Login Config Element’
‘Login Config Element’ has the following input fields:
- Name: To provide element name
- Comments: To provide arbitrary comments (if any)
- Username: The username which needs to be added or override.
- Password: The default password to log in. Please note it stores the unencrypted password and passes the same to the test plan.