Result Status Action Handler element is used as a post-processor to take action in case of failure of the request. There are certain options given that instruct the JMeter thread that what to do next.
Some of the options (actions) you can see in the thread group element. The thread group ‘Action to be taken after a Sampler error’ setting is overridden by this postprocessor.
How to add a ‘Result Status Action Handler’?
Follow the below steps:
- Select the ‘Sampler’ where you want to add this post-processor
- Right-click on the node
- Hover the mouse on ‘Add’
- Hover the mouse on ‘Post Processors’
- Click ‘Result Status Action Handler’
‘Result Status Action Handler’ has the following input options:
- Action to be taken after a Sampler error: Actions taken in case of sampler error occurs, either because the sample itself failed or an assertion failed etc. The possible choices are:
- Continue: To ignore the error and continue with the test
- Start Next Loop: To ignore the error, start the next loop and continue with the test
- Stop Thread: To stop the current thread and exit the thread
- Stop Test: The entire test is stopped at the end of any current samples.
- Stop Test Now: The entire test is stopped abruptly. Any current samplers are interrupted if possible.
- Break Current Loop: To exit from the existing loop.
- Go to the next iteration of Current Loop: To start the next iteration
You may be interested:
- Performance Testing Tutorial
- Performance Engineering Tutorial
- Micro Focus LoadRunner Tutorial
- NeoLoad Tutorial