Follow the steps to install LoadRunner VuGen on a local windows machine:
Note: This guide shows the installation of LoadRunner (VuGen) 2020. In case of any mismatch in the installation steps, refer to the official LoadRunner website.
1. Browse the link https://www.microfocus.com/en-us/products/loadrunner-professional/download.
2. Click ‘LoadRunner_2020_Edition_Standalone_Applications.exe’.
3. You may be navigated to the sign-up page (Register for Free Trial). Fill all the required details and click the ‘Start Free Trial’ button.
4. If you already have a registered account then click ‘Sign-In’, provide your credentials and log in to the site.
5. ‘Download Confirmation’ page will appear and the installation package starts downloading. In case it does not start automatically then hit ‘Click here’ link.
6. Once the installation package is downloaded completely then double click on the ‘.exe’ file.
7. Click ‘Install’. You can monitor the installation status in the installation progress bar.
8. The executable file (.exe) of all the components are exacted in the path shown in the Destination folder (in Figure 05). Go to the same path click the respective executable file.
Installation of LoadRunner VuGen:
1. Go to the folder (shown in Figure 06) where installation package extracted the executable files.
2. Click ‘MF_VuGen_2020_Windows’. Installation window opens with a default location. If you want then you can change the location. Click ‘Next’.
3. LoadRunner starts the installation by extracting the files.
4. If required prerequisites are not available in the machine then LoadRunner will ask to install them. Click ‘OK’
5. The progress window of prerequisites:
6. Click ‘Next’ on the set-up wizard window of VuGen.
7. Select ‘I accept the terms in the License Agreement’ checkbox. Once you checkmark this option the ‘Install’ button will be enabled.
There are two more options, ‘Create desktop shortcuts’ and ‘Participate in LoadRunner improvement program’. Check or uncheck these options are per your requirement.
8. Click ‘Install’ to start the VuGen installation process.
9. On the completion of the installation, you will get below message. If you do not want to install Network Virtualization then uncheck the ‘Install Network Virtualization’ option. and click the ‘Finish’ button.
In addition, check or uncheck ‘Open Readme file’ and ‘Open installation log’ as per your requirement before clicking the ‘Finish’ button.
10. In case you selected ‘Install Network Virtualization’ option then it starts to execute network Virtualization setup and you can see the installation status in the progress bar.
11. After the completion of the installation, click the ‘Finish’ button appear on the window,
12. You will also get the message to restart the machine. Choose the appropriate option as per your convenience.
Now, you are ready to use VuGen for scripting purpose.
You may be interested: