- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/radhakrishna-prasad-b757b4b0/
- Dzone: https://dzone.com/users/3746148/radhakrishnaggr.html
Following topics will be covered in the session
- What is Garbage Collection in Java?
- Difference between Manual Memory Management and Automated Memory Management
- Memory Pools in Heap – Eden, Survivor Spaces, Oldgen, Permgen and Metaspace
- How Minor GC, Major GC and Full GC happens in JVM
- GC Algorithms – Mark Sweep and Compact
- How different Garbage Collectors work in Java
- Serial, Parallel, CMS, G1, Shenandoah, Epsilon and ZGC
- Performance impact of GC
YouTube Video: Link
Important Articles which were discussed during the session:
- Choosing the Best Garbage Collection Algorithm for Better Performance in Java
- Heap Memory In Java Performance Testing
- Performance Impact Of Garbage Collection and Basic GC Tuning
Java Garbage Collection Session 2: Link
2 thoughts on “Java Garbage Collection Session 1 – By RadhaKrishna Prasad”
Is this a free session?
Yes, it was a free session.