NeoLoad provides a variety of variables to fulfil the different types of requirements while creating a performance test script. The ‘Variables’ option is available in the menu as shown in the below figure.
Then, click the ‘New variable’ button and the ‘Variables’ pop-up appears:
Following are the type of variables in NeoLoad:
- Counter: It is used to generate an integer from a counter.
- List: It is used to generate data from a table of string values.
- File: It is used to read the data from an external file.
- Sql: It is used to read the data from a database.
- Random Integer: It is used to generate a random integer.
- Random String: It is used to generate a random string with different lengths.
- Constant String: It is used to give the scenario a constant value.
- Password: It is used to give the scenario a password value.
- Date: It is used to generate dates and times in different formats.
- Current Date: It is used to generate the current date and time in different formats.
- Random UUID: It is used to generate random UUIDs.
- Shared Queue: It is used to share values between Virtual Users.
As you can see some of the variable types generate the values whereas some of them read the test data from the external source, so choose and use the variable type appropriately as per your requirement.
You may be interested: