Sometimes it happens when you replay the LoadRunner script and it throws below error:
Fatal Error -27098: Could not download the proxy automatic configuration script (URL=”http://servername:port”)
Such error comes when an application under test uses a proxy server. Since LoadRunner sets ‘No Proxy’ as a default option, so the script which uses a proxy; fails and throws a proxy error. To overcome this issue LoadRunner has a proxy option in Runtime settings. This option is available under the ‘Internet Protocol’ tab. The proxy setting of LoadRunner is almost similar to the browser proxy setting. Refer below screenshot of LoadRunner proxy setting:
Proxy setting available in the Runtime settings of LoadRunner
- No proxy: This option allows the Vusers to use direct connections to the Internet. This means that the connection is made without using a proxy server.
- Use the default HTTP proxy settings: All Vusers use the proxy settings of the default browser from the machine upon which they are running.
- Use custom proxy: You can manually provide proxy server details which will be used by all the Vusers. You can supply the actual proxy server details or the path of a proxy automatic configuration script (.pac file) that enables automatic configuration. To supply the details of the server, you specify its IP address or name and port. You can specify one proxy server for all HTTP sites and another proxy server for all HTTPS (secure) sites.
- Exceptions: You can specify the prefix of the website to which you want to connect directly, not via a proxy server. This option works only when you have selected “Use Proxy Server” option. You can use the semicolon(;) to make multiple entries in this field.
- Authentication: After providing the proxy information, you can specify Authentication information for the proxy server. If at all you find an error saying proxy authentication required like Error -26547: Authentication required, please use web_set_user, e.g. web_set_user(“domain\\user”, “password”, “host:port”);
In this case, you have to write web_set_user(); function before the script runs. The web_set_user function is a Service function that specifies a login string and password for a Web server or proxy server. It can be called more than once if several proxy servers require authentication. web_set_user overrides the run-time proxy authentication settings for User name and password.
This function is supported for all Web scripts and for WAP scripts running in HTTP mode only. It is not supported for WAP scripts running in Wireless Session Protocol (WSP) replay mode.