Following are the performance testing interview questions Set#9.
Q. 41 What are the different types of Performance Tuning?
Ans: In order to improve the performance, there are three types of tuning methods:
- Hardware tuning: To enhance and add the hardware components of the system under test and changes in the framework level to augment the system’s performance comes under hardware tuning.
- Software tuning: To detect the software level bottlenecks by profiling the code, database etc. Also, to fine-tune or update the software to fix the bottlenecks comes under software tuning.
- Network tuning: To enhance the bandwidth, change in the networking software etc. comes under Network tuning.
Q. 42 What are the network-related performance metrics?
Ans: The following are the network-related metrics need to monitor:
- Bytes Received per second
- Bytes sent per second
- Current Bandwidth
- Bytes total per second
- Output Queue length
- Packets Outbound Discarded
- Packets Outbound Errors
Q. 43 What kind of monitoring tool did you use?
Ans: Following are the monitoring tools:
For client-side metrics:
For Server-side metrics:
For Network side metrics:
Q. 44 Name some of the APM tools.
Ans: Dynatrace, New Relic, AppDynamics are some of the APM tools.
Q. 45 What is Throughput?
Ans: Throughput refers to the rate which the system gives expected outputs when the designed input is given to the system in terms of the requests.