Following are the Performance Engineering Interview Questions Set #1.
Q. 1 What is Software Performance Engineering?
Ans: Performance Engineering is a systematic way of following the best practices and applying techniques in all stages of the software development life cycle (SDLC) to ensure that the final product is fast, responsive, scalable and optimized appropriately.
Q. 2 What is the main aim of Performance Engineering?
Ans: Performance Engineering focuses on architecture design, better UI/UX design, better code structure and understanding business use cases to build the system with industry standards and high performance.
Q. 3 How Performance Engineering is different from Performance Testing?
Ans. Performance Testing is a quality check of the application in terms of the application’s responsiveness and load handling capacity. Performance Testing verifies how a system will perform under production load and anticipates issues that might arise during heavy load conditions. On the other hand, Performance engineering aims to design the application by keeping the performance metrics in mind and also to discover potential issues early in the development cycle as well as post-production time.
Q. 4 What are the different types of tier architecture?
Ans: There are 4 types of tier architectures:
- One-tier Architecture
- Two-tier Architecture
- Three-tier Architecture
- N-tier Architecture
Q. 5 What are the major layers in software architecture?
Ans: There are four types of layers:
- Presentation Layer: This layer is responsible to display the user interface and manage user interaction.
- Application Layer: The application layer (also known as Business Layer) has all the business logic, rules and policies. The application layer is a bridge between the presentation layer and the data layer.
- Data Layer: This layer is responsible for storing the data.
- Service Layer: This layer is responsible to define and implement the service interface and the data contracts. The service layer communicates with the application layer
You may be interested:
- Performance Testing Interview Question
- Apache JMeter Interview Question
- LoadRunner Interview Question
- Performance Testing Quiz